Here’s the hits of the week:
1. Call me juvenile, but I’m reading another John Green book. I’m not finished yet, and I know it’s going to be sad, but I can’t help it. He is such a ripper of a writer, and, I love young fiction. Always have, since I was a teen myself. Maybe it makes me feel young again, or maybe it’s because the characters are just so full of potential. I like the way they look at the world.
2. The lovely lady who designed this blog, Anna Spargo Ryan won her category in the Writer’s Centre Best Blogs awards. If you read her blog you’ll know why I love her so much. Her prose just glistens with light and life and truth. Well done Anna, you rock!
3. This Sunday is Mother’s Day, and, not that I’m a control freak or anything, but just in case nobody in this house figures out the perfect present for me, I decided to get myself these babies:
I haven’t had Ugg Boots since about 1982. Don’t worry, I won’t be wearing them out in public, but my goodness, I can.not.wait until Sunday arvo when the cool air comes in and I can get my little toes all toasty. Happy Mother’s Day, me.
4. The fact that the kids have forgotten about the Easter eggs they put in the fridge. I moved them up the back, just in case they might forget, and then they did. Winning!
5. And talking about books for the young people, look what I found in the local bookshop:
I can’t believe it’s still in print. Do you remember sneaking a quick read when you went to your friend-who-has-an-older-sister’s house in the late 70s? What a revelation in grossness it was. I can still remember reading it with my eyes as big a moon. My parents did WHAT? Sweet baby cheeses, why, WHY? So in the interests of sharing the love in all it’s gory details, I got it for the Evil Geniuses. They have had the scientific “talk”, but I can’t wait to see the looks on their faces when they read about how they came about, in full cartoon colour. It’s gonna be epic (as the young people like to say…or random, they like to say that a lot too).
What hits do you have this week? Have you read any of my books of the week?
…From The Ashers xx