It’s been a busy week around here with me working FULL TIME (I know, unheard of!) as well as fitting in being a FRONT PAGE celebrity in the local paper… By the time you read this I will be safely ensconced in the
bath seminar room of the QT, enjoying a weekend at the ProBlogger seminar, getting pissed and going to karaoke bars with Nikki enriching my mind with ALL of the things a pretend professional blogger needs to know.
So here are the hits:
1. YOU. As you RRs would know I plagued the blog with posts about the ridiculously low blood stores this week, going on and on and on about it, until you were all so sick of hearing about it, you went and gave up the claret. Well done. Maroochydore Blood Bank rang me and said they had a bumper week, and even though it’s still not enough, it’s something. So goodonya you lot. Coco and the rest of The Ashers thank you from the bottom of our corpuscles.
2. My big, almost ten year old boy, Liam. As you might have figured out by some of my posts, he hates his sister and even once wrote a note plotting out his vengeance. See exhibit A.
Despite that, this week he started up a blog of his very own, and THIS was his post on Day 3. Warms the cockles of me old heart, I tells ya.
Oh, and feel free to checkout the whole blog. He’s at DJ Asher. He would love to get some comments… Like the one he got from his Uncle Darren, who said, “I usually don’t read shit blogs like your Mum’s, but I’ll read yours.” Liam thought that was hilarious. Don’t worry, I banned him from the computer for a week for that. (I can’t have him being more successful than me you know.)
The dude even added his own little category of YouTube videos, unbeknownst to us. How? We don’t know. And so the world turns….
3. This yummy spread. How good is it when you have older patients who bring you in awesome stuff they’ve made? Bloody good, is how good. I got this baby from a lady this week. It’s delish, AND cute, with a sweet little love-heart topper. Who even does that these days? Grouse old chicks, that’s who.
4. And whilst I’m going on about food, how good are these? Have you had one? Of course you haven’t because you can’t have just one. You have to eat the whole damn packet. A perfect sweety-salty treat to keep me going on my long afternoon shift. It’s just a shame they cost a bomb (considering my consumption rate). They aren’t as expensive as printer ink, but they are close. Get yourself some anyway. Just tell the kids they are healthy and then you can eat the lot yourself.
5. The QT. It’s very colourful, and a bit too crazy for my eyes to take it all in at once, but I think this extremely comfortable bed is going to suit me just fine.
The only drawback so far is that the minibar stinks of cantaloup. I don’t know how or why, but it’s doing my head in (as Smelling All Of The Smells is my superpower.) My $9 Corona has a distinctly unsavoury odour. But I’m soldiering on.
Well that’s it from me… Have a great weekend. I suspect I will.
Send me your Hits if you have the time. I’d love to hear what you’re up to.
…From The Ashers xx