Here are the hits:
1. I know, I know, I always say it, but HOW GOOD ARE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS? Can they go on forever please? Or at least another few weeks.
2. These Veuve smoking slippers, or whatever the hell they are.
want need them, and I need them immediately. Gives new meaning to the term “I’m putting on my drinking shoes.”
3. Sleepover visitors. How GOOD ARE THEY? Especially when they are My Friend and his Little Mate. So good.
So good to hear the laughter of little kids playing together, dressing up and mucking about.
So good to share food and convos around the table with people who you love like family (and who you wish would stay for longer). Blessed, I tells ya.
4. Working from home. Do you do it? Perhaps you should try it..?
Years ago, after the birth of The Evil Genius Mark II, I had some very insightful friends suggest that perhaps I could work from home. I scoffed at first (because I didn’t think of it), but eventually I came around, and I have to say it has been one of the best decisions of my working life. No travel and being able to hear the sounds of family all around are some of the perks, but most of all it has brought an all new level of loving service to my work. You can’t invite people into your home who you don’t love, so the home office has ensured that my practice is full of people who I consider to be my extended family. I love ’em, and I hope they kinda like me right back.
My motto is “For everyone you love” and I think it goes right back the other way- my place is for everyone I love. Not a bad way to spend a work day. Not bad at all.
5. A long weekend coming my way. Goodonya Queensland for moving the hol from that first half of the year where there is a GLUT of long weekends, to now, when we can enjoy the sunshine and the spring-that-thinks-it’s-summer with gay abandon. Long weekend, I can’t wait to get in you.
What are your best bits of the week? Anything amazing to share?
Did you bake the Big Batch Big Biccies yet?
…From The Ashers xx