Here’s the hits you’ve been waiting for:
1. Setting up the Christmas Tree.. Yay! Christmas is finally here (sort of)… We have a busy weekend of work and parties, and trimming the tree is a bit of an event around here; we have a roast, a christmassy dessert, and of course a cranberry inspired bevvy or two. So we’ve set it up a day early (we usually do it on the 30th). We listened to Rod Stewart croon the shit out of those carols, lit the chrissy candles and had a fine ol’ night.
2. The school Christmas Carols. Very sweet to see the kids onstage and working as a group. For the first time Unit Two was down the front with her peers and then up on stage. No Mummy-leg-holding. That’ll do me for Chrissy thanks.
3. Catching up with some idiots I love on the weekend. Idiots who know me better than most anyone in the world, and yet still seem to like me (most of the time…dance moves not withstanding). How tolerant. How spesh. Nothing much else to add, other than “Cosmos anyone?”
4. Getting a few twitter RTs this week from Mrs Woog, John James and Kelly Exeter: Twitter and blogging royalty. Puffed and chuffed, me is.
5. A visit from the Mother-In-Law. So far she’s done all my ironing, pretty much handled the aforementioned roast and played shit games with the kids. All whilst plying me with a very tasty savvy b… Who knows what I will be able to get her to do* before the weekend is through? You rock Jenna.
* One of the things she will be doing is making us her cray-cray ‘no bowl’ slice. It has a tin of condensed milk, so you know only good things can come of it. Winning.
Have a great weekend. Are you trimming your
bush tree this weekend?
Do you make an event of it?